<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Wednesday, April 23, 2003
Here's my hope: If I write about all of the adorable things that Lauren does here, then maybe I won't be one of those tremendously boring parents who are unable to discuss any topic other than their child. Plus, as my dear brother said a minute ago on the phone, we need to remember these times for when our toddlers are having a horrible fit of the screaming mimis, or God help us all, become teenagers. Of course, it means you all will find a lot about Lauren here, but you don't have to come back, I suppose. Today is my birthday. I am 34 years old. Eeeeeeeek. Mark told Lauren it was my birthday this morning, and she yelled "Happy birthday, Mommy!" She was still upstairs, and I went up to get some clothes for her to wear today. She looked over the landing, and spotted the basket of cookies that Carol sent me (only 2 left, they are yummy) on the counter. So she pointed it out to me - "There's your present, Mommy, from Aunt Carol! See, on the counter? And there's my big basket from the Easter bunny. Where's Daddy's present?" I said that Daddy didn't have a present right now, we'd get him a present for his birthday this summer. So she ran back into her room, picked out one of her very favorite books, and brought it out. She walked partway down the steps, handed it to Mark, and said "Here Daddy, now you have a present too!" As I said the other day, I love that child more than air. OK, I think I have that out of my system now. I'll try very hard not to stop strangers on the street to tell them how sweet my kid is. I'll try, anyway.
4/23/2003 08:35:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink