<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Thursday, November 20, 2003
OK, so I know it's been forever since I posted anything. Life has sucked just a little bit lately. Not all of life - home is wonderful, Mark is great, Lauren is a trip. But my work has gone from bad to worse to barely tolerable. Basically, a former employee made some false allegations of racism, our Division has been restructured, my boss (who was terrific) was involuntarily transferred and her position abolished, our building was closed and our staff moved to the big building with terrible parking, we have no training space any more, and our Management Team has been disbanded. I'm temporarily on "special duty" to EKU, an hour away from my home. How amusing is that, considering I just moved in part to be closer to work? Fortunately, I'm not expected there every day and work at home most of the time. I'm actually ok with that part of it, because I'm basically antisocial anyway. I get a lot done when it's quiet. But it is a little lonely sometimes, and I miss being a part of the driving force of our agency. I'm pretty much out of the loop, in exile. For what reason, I'm still not sure. I've been awful lately, people have called and e-mailed and I just don't have the energy to respond or talk on the phone. Then you know how it is - it gets to be too long to answer or return calls without hours of explaining. Depression? Maybe a little. I'm unhappy with the results of the election for Governor, but at least it does mean that the people who have made all the decisions outlined above will be GONE. Sayonara to them. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Can I help you pack up your office? We joke amongst ourselves that the new leadership coming in will still mess with us, just in a new and different way! We'll see what happens. I'm worried what a republican will do to human services. Last time I checked, that wasn't too high on the GOP priority list. And of course, since we're mostly contract employees, there's not much to prevent the new gov from saying "Thanks but no thanks". I don't think that will happen, but it could. If so, then I'd be out of a job. And thanks to the economy, there isn't much out there. Trust me, I've been looking. So if you know of any jobs for a techie type person with a background in social work and administration, give a yell. I'll try to answer.
11/20/2003 11:30:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink