<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Monday, February 02, 2004
Bleah. What a very blah day. Ugly, cold, grey, rainy. I don't like February very much, as opposed to Lori-Lyn. Let's see, what's been going on with me? Work. Lots of work. Work sucks. And, great news, it looks like our budget is going to be significantly cut! Yipeeeeeeee. Don't know how that's going to play out yet, but since we're already operating near the bone, it looks like cancelling trainings and laying off staff to me. We had our neighbors over for supper on Friday night. I fixed vegetarian chili, salad, peanut butter sandwiches, and a caramel apple pie. It was yummy. Namrata brought vegetarian spring rolls and pakoras. The chili turned out really well, and I love Indian food. We're going to do it again soon, with more Indian food next time . . . The kids played, the adults talked, it was fun. Krishna is so nice - he was polite and ate a piece of pie, then mentioned a little while later that he's diabetic. Mark felt bad, because he was really pushing the pie. Krishna really didn't need that sugar! But anyway, they're a really nice couple, and Namrata was telling me about an asian grocery that sells the frozen spring rolls, pakoras, samosas, and other delicious goodies, right here in this tiny town! I went over there at lunch today, because I was on that side of town anyway. But they were closed . . . On the happier side of things, Mom and Dad got back from Florida late Saturday night. I'm always very glad when they're home. I miss them when they're gone for a month. They've decided not to go for that long again, but to go for a couple of weeks at a time, 2 or 3 times a year. They miss the kids too much when they're gone that long. Now my dad's trying to get psyched up for his hip replacement in April. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well. April 19th. Our 7th anniversary. I told Dad he was just trying to get Mark out of taking me out, ha ha ha.
2/02/2004 01:46:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink