<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Tuesday, February 24, 2004
Well, while politics may depress me (when exactly did the world go insane? How did I miss it? Was there a memo???), there is good news on the job front. I'm hearing that our contract probably won't have any layoffs for the rest of the fiscal year, at least. So that means that I will not be losing my job right now - I'm probably safe until July or beyond. Also, our new Cabinet Secretary and the Undersecretary for our section have an interest in training, and want to increase our online learning. Since that's what I do for a living, I feel pretty ok. I'm still going to find another job though. I really don't need this stress, and the state budget is not likely to improve any time real soon. I'm guessing there will be additional cuts coming next fiscal year. But it's much better to be employed and looking than unemployed and looking. I'm still sending out resumes like mad, but there are so many people searching it's crazy. Something will turn up. In the meantime, I appreciate the support of all of you who have instant messaged me or sent me encouraging e-mails. It's much appreciated.
2/24/2004 09:43:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink