<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Wednesday, April 14, 2004
Sometimes, life gets better. That is the message of the day. One of my best friends for the last 10 years has been Pat. Due to my depression over the last several months, I let that friendship sort of . . . lapse. And I missed her. But then it got to be too long to just pick up again, without tears, recriminations, bad feelings. Or I thought so, at least, and I was a coward. But lately, we've tried to pick it up again, and I just got off the phone with her after a long conversation, catching up. I feel better having talked to her. She has a gift for making people around her feel better, more centered, I don't know - just better. I really missed talking with her, but I couldn't rouse myself to do anything about it until her birthday a few weeks ago. I hope she forgives me from dropping out of sight for several months. Hell, I hope some of you do too. I'm getting better. Or at least I'm really trying. Oh, and for humor's sake, check out the post from last night at In Passing. For the truly lazy, it's as follows:
"His phrasing is weird, it's offbeat. He's not pausing at the commas. Hear that? Wait a minute... Dude, he's pausing at the big words." --A girl watching Bush's press conference on the TV in the lobby of my hotel.
4/14/2004 10:36:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink