<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Monday, May 10, 2004
More serendipity! It must be that kind of day or something. I was looking through the Sunday classifieds in my never-ending job search, and I ran across one that looked promising. So as I was printing out my resume and cover letter, I decided to look at their website to get a sense of the agency. In my poking around on the site, I ran across their staff list, which included a person I worked with a few years ago. She had left EKU a few years back, and I hadn't talked to her for a long time. So of course, I e-mailed her, thinking I'd say hi, get the inside scoop, maybe ask her to put in a good word for me. Like that. We had been friends - not close, but friends, and I thought it couldn't hurt. Plus, I always saw her as quite competent and level-headed - the kind of person who is a straight-shooter. If nothing else, I could see how she was doing these days. She responded very quickly to my e-mail, and in catching up, she mentioned that she was being promoted, and was happy because she'd be supervising her replacement. Which would be (drumroll please) the position for which I am applying . . . How bizarre is that? Maybe that will be an "in" for me. Plus the fact that the position seems interesting and well within my capabilities. And the pay range is comparable to or slightly above what I make now. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Wish me luck. The resume is in the mail right now.
5/10/2004 11:49:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink