<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Thursday, May 20, 2004
Today should be interesting. I've decided to forgo reading political news today as much as possible. It's too, too depressing. So instead I'll just chat about the lack of big news in my life, and that bane of blogging, a description of my day. If you don't like it, you can just come back another day. I'm still looking for a job, still waiting to hear on that one job where my supervisor would be a former co-worker. It occurs to me that as much as I hate EKU, I have mixed feelings about actually leaving. It's even mildly disconcerting. I'm not completely sure why that is, but I think it's because I have such a very long history with my agency. Out of the last 17 years, I have worked for these folks for 12 of them. Plus, there's a level of comfort and familiarity, I guess. They know me. If I screw up occasionally, there's a little slack, because again, they know me. Is it like that out in the real world? I suppose I'll find out. So I've had a few relatively sleepless nights over this, plus general worry about my brother. I know a lot of people might say "Geez, girl, it's only a job. If you don't like it, leave! Suck it up and quit whining already!" I know none of you would say that (would you now?). But it's hard to leave when you've put your heart and soul, not to mention blood, sweat, and tears, into a place. I will leave, I just reserve the right to whine about it. As I said above, feel free to come back another day if this isn't your thing. Speaking of my brother, he has a couple of interviews next week. The one that worries me most is in Flagstaff, Arizona. Sure, I'd like to visit out west sometime, but I don't particularly want my family living that far away. Right now, Scott is doing some freelance work which is paying the bills, and working with a friend to start up a company. I really hope they can stay in this area, but they have to get out of Richmond sooner rather than later. You would not believe the rumors going around! Bullshit, of course, but it makes it very uncomfortable to live in such a small town under those conditions. My sister-in-law can't go to the grocery without hearing some new expanded line of crap about her husband. Plus the phone calls, people wanting gossip. No one ever asks me about these rumors, probably because they know me and they know that I may just punch their teeth out. Clearly, my sis-in-law is much nicer than me. I have to leave soon to head down to EKU (boo hiss). My boss is doing my evaluation today. That should be fun. She doesn't have the foggiest idea how I spend my time, I talk to her by phone maybe once every month or two, and since she became my supervisor last October, I think I've actually seen her 3 times. This should be a hoot; I cannot even begin to imagine what she's going to write on the evaluation form. The last time I talked to her was when she was so "concerned" about my alleged meltdown. That was . . . let's see . . . April 28th. Today is May 20th. Should be an amusing afternoon. See, that wasn't too much boring shit about my day, was it now?????
5/20/2004 09:57:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink