<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Tuesday, May 11, 2004
What a damned shame. My mom called me last night while we were getting Lauren into bed to tell me about this. Of course, Lauren heard me on the phone and knew something was up, so I had to tell her about it. She is very sad this morning, and a little scared of fire. So of course we talked about fire and what to do and all that parenting stuff. I also made sure to tell her that no one was hurt. But it broke my heart when she curled up against me this morning and said "Mommy, I'm sad. I miss the castle." She started crying when she saw the front page of the paper. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have told her, shouldn't have let her see the pictures. But then I think that we don't want to hide things from her, we'd rather deal with sad things honestly. It's not like she wouldn't have noticed it anyway, the next time we drive to Lex. But that will be a sad trip. She was thrilled to see it every time we drove to Mom and Dad's, and was absolutely convinced that a King and Queen lived in the castle. She would always point it out to us, very excitedly. I'm sad too - that structure has been there since I was a little kid. It was a landmark in Central Kentucky. I hope they'll rebuild it.
5/11/2004 08:33:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink