<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Random thoughts

Thursday, August 12, 2004
First, politics. How completely asinine is this statement from a member of the press?
"We are inevitably the mouthpiece for whatever administration is in power"
That is just so wrong. And particularly coming from the Washington Post, the paper that broke Watergate. My, how things have changed. In personal news, Lauren started school today, and was very excited. She was nervous too, but didn't want to admit it. So on the ride over there, she and I talked a bit. I told her that when I'm in a new place or with lots of new people, I get nervous and feel shy. One thing that helps me is to find one person who may feel or look scared, and talk to them. I pitched it as helping them to feel better and being a good friend, which allowed her to avoid admitting that she's scared too. So when we got to school, she kept asking me if each kid she saw was in her class. She wanted to walk up the steps herself, with us watching. As soon as we got inside and hung up her bookbag, she gave us hugs and kisses and ran straight over to another girl standing off by herself. The girl looked a little upset. The last thing I heard my girl say was "Hi, I'm Lauren. What's your name?" Am I a good mommy or what? And do I have the coolest kid on the planet???

8/12/2004 08:30:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink