<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

oh, yeah

Friday, October 08, 2004
Forgot to update on the job thing. (Damned job really gets in the way of blogging) It's a good news/bad news kind of deal. I am 100% sure I would have been offered the job, but the salary was way too low. Like a 15 K cut. I can't be doing that. That's the bad news. It's especially bad because I loved the environment, the people, my potential boss, the job itself, the new challenges - well, everything. The good news is that the woman who interviewed me was so impressed, and was very distressed that they wouldn't be able to hire me. Really nice things she said to me, too. I decided to deflate my head before I headed through any doorways. Heh. So the good news, really, is that she is looking for higher paying positions for me, and said she will recommend me strongly. I believe her; she's a straight-shooter, plus she knows just about everybody in the field in this area, or they know of her. That's a very good thing. She's already contacted one person who has a Director position open, and recommended me to her. In the small world category, I also know this lady, from years gone by. I sent her my resume and cover letter last night. We'll see what comes of that, if anything . . .

10/08/2004 02:11:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink