<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Surprise, surprise, surprise

Friday, December 10, 2004
Hmmm. Just got a call for a job interview on Monday. Interesting. I was recommended by a friend of my family, and the person I'm meeting with is actually someone I know. She used to work for the Cabinet for Families and Children, and now works in Mental Health. She's cool. We worked together on some projects several years ago when I came back from maternity leave. We were getting to be friends, and then she left to take another position and I lost track of her. She said that my resume came through from the head honcho dude asking them to consider me, and she was thrilled because she already knows me and knows how hard I work. I'm going to take that as a good sign, but won't get my hopes up too high. I've been disappointed before, ya know. The job is an EKU job, but not through the same place I work now. I could be a substance abuse coordinator, arranging treatment for women with SA issues and working with service providers. I can do that. And apparently they never have to go to EKU for any reason, that's just where their paychecks come from. (As opposed to me driving 2 hours a day, two to three days a week. Update on that: it sucks.) Don't know about the money yet, but they're located in the same building where my dear husband works. That would be nice. It would also be interesting to get back into human services, because I've missed parts of that. Although I still love technology . . . I suppose I will have to pick a direction, won't I? What do I want to be when I grow up?

12/10/2004 09:22:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink