<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Snort

Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Is it so very wrong that I laughed out loud at this?
The Reverend Jack Arnold, 69, dropped dead of cardiac arrest while giving a sermon Sunday at the Covenant Presbyterian Church near Orlando, Florida. His last words? "And when I go to heaven..."
In other news, I can't remember if I mentioned that I had a nasty fall on the ice on Xmas Eve. My feet went right out from under me and my arms were full - my entire body weight landed on the point of my elbow. Anyway, I called the doctor on call that night, because I really didn't want to spend the evening in the ER. Plus, my arm was tingling up and down from my elbow, and even I know that's not really a good thing. He walked me through a couple of things, and said he didn't think it was broken. Turns out there's a nerve running through the elbow, which accounted for the pins-and-needles feeling. It would probably feel worse for a day or two, then get better. Ibuprofen and ice packs. But he said that if it didn't improve significantly within the next week or so I should come in. Delayed reaction, me. It really did get a lot better (after following his prediction - lots of swelling and pain, with a big ugly bruise all around my elbow). Stop looking at me like that. I know, I know, I do tend to put off going to the doctor. But now, almost 3 weeks later, it still hurts. A lot. So finally, I called this morning and I'm going in to have it checked out and probably x-rayed. Fun fun fun. The only bonus is that I can't go to the campus today. Boo hoo, so sad about that. Or not.

1/11/2005 08:37:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink