<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Scalzi makes sense

Wednesday, March 16, 2005
I like this post. Here's a taste.
Instead, I want to leave you with a thought about politics, which is that I think the real fault lines in politics today do not lie along the traditional conservative/liberal lines but along rational/irrational lines, and the real war in politics these days is along the latter rather than the former. This is why, for example, I'm far more comfortable with some conservatives than I am with some liberals, even though my own positions tend more liberal than not. I'm rather more comfortable dealing with someone whose politics I disagree with, but I can see how they got to where they are, than someone who politics are in line with mine but who appear to have arrived at those politics without an intermediary step of, you know, thinking about those politics.

3/16/2005 07:50:00 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink