<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Evil wench

Tuesday, May 03, 2005
Lori-Lyn, that is. The wench tagged me, and now I have to come up with "five things that the folks with whom I generally associate think are cool, but that leave me cold." She worried about offending people, and I am so not about that. I try to offend someone every day. Just kidding. Sort of. OK, here we go: 1) Meat. Red meat. Yes, I know that most people love nothing more than a great dinner of steak and a baked potato. Yuck, gross, nasty! The thought of a hamburger makes me ill, and it's not because I'm pregnant. I may have been the only child in history who would gladly eat all her vegetables. That was mostly because then I could say I was full and wouldn't have to eat the meat. It was unsurprising when I told my parents I wouldn't be eating meat anymore. I was 12. My mom freaked. I never have changed my mind. 24 years now - can that be right? Damn, I hate it when I do math like that. 2) Church. Organized religion. I don't know that most of the people I hang out with, online or off, are big fans either. Well, except for Matt, but he's a minister of a cool church. Remember that whole-I-don't-care-about-offending-people bit? Well, there you go. Proof positive. Matt, let me know if I'm going to hell for that one. Anyway, around this area, it's usually the second question. First is, who's your family? Second is, what church do you attend, or even more annoyingly atrocious, do you have a church home? And I was raised in church, my parents attend regularly. My brother was an elder in his church, back before the drama at his former employer. I was probably the only one who wasn't surprised when those "friends" disappeared immediately. I've known way too many people who did whatever the hell they wanted all week, but because they went to services every Sunday, they were "good people". WTF? And don't even get me started on conservative churches involving themselves in partisan politics, a la Justice Sunday. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 3) Movies. I can probably count on one hand the number of movies I've seen in a theatre in the last 10 or 15 years, and I wouldn't even need to use all my fingers. Seems like a waste of a couple of hours, most of the time. Now all I see are kid movies, but whatever. 4) Dark beer. I've tried it, don't like it. Some people seem to think Guinness is an orgasmic experience, but it leaves me cold. I like lagers and pale ales and fruity beers and wheat beers and even domestic beers, but not dark beers. That is, I liked them when I could have a freaking drink every once in a while! Not til October now. Boo hiss on that. And last but certainly not least, 5) Republicans. All of them. For reasons that are obvious if you've ever met me, or if you've ever been to Jill's Place before. So now, who should I tag? Unlike LL, I don't have that many friends online who have blogs. The love of my life has one, but he never ever posts on it. I've not even bothered to add him to the blogroll. Mr. R has one, but he is on a break, I think. I'm tagging them anyway. If the ball and chain actually responds on his blog, I'll update this post with a link. Or he can answer in comments. And just because I want to, I'm tagging Carol Ann and Shannon and Matt and John and Jane and anyone else who doesn't have a blog (freaking luddites, all of you). Respond in comments with your five things, if you please! Or start a goddamn blog already. There's a link up at the top right, it says GET YOUR OWN BLOG. Hop to it, skippy!

5/03/2005 05:37:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink