<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Not dead

Wednesday, August 03, 2005
To make up for my appalling lack of posts lately, I'm stealing from LL and posting a bunch of answers to questions you probably didn't even know you had. See below. In other news, the job is going well. I have a lot to learn, but I'm catching on. I still don't know what exactly I'm going to be doing, but it will all work out, I'm sure. Guess who my office roomie is? That's right, it's Mr. R!! I still must learn to call him Jay, but you know, I was raised properly in the South, so that's a challenge. Can't blog during the day, though, so posting may be lighter than you've become accustomed. That, plus being busy until the kid goes to bed, and utterly exhausted after that. I'm glad I'm there, though. The people are all terribly nice and it's very team-oriented - even now during one of the busiest times. People are working like dogs, but still laughing and joking. Having been alone so much in the last couple of years and having a workplace in utter chaos/every man or woman for themselves, that's a nice change of pace. I just wish that I knew enough to actually do something useful to help out. That will come, I know, but I do wish I could do something, anything that would help ease the load for everyone. I did take in a lemon blackberry cake yesterday, food always helps during times of stress. So now, on to answers to questions you didn't ask: What is your favorite color? Purple, or most any color actually. I like most of them. What is your favorite scent? Vanilla, probably. How incredibly boring! Where is your favorite place to vacation? A beach, or the lake. Do you collect anything? Nope. I used to collect ceramic cats, but I don't collect anything now. Unless you count my yarn stash! Do you have a favorite tv show? The Daily Show. Just wish I could stay up late enough to see it, lately. Oh yeah, in the third trimester, the exhaustion comes back. Plus I'm pretty anemic right now, they've got me taking iron twice a day. Little parasite takes whatever he needs, leaving me in the hole in a big way. Are you crafty? If so, how? Yes, I knit, do faux finishing, a tiny bit of sewing, pretty much anything crafty is good by me. Do you have kids? Yes, one almost-five-year-old (ACK! She's starting kindergarten!!!!), and one boy due in October. Do you have pets? Three cats - Jet, Tiger, and Jazz. What kind of movies do you like? Not many. I can't think of the last movie I actually wanted to bother with in a theater. What kind of music do you listen to? Everything. Folk, jazz, blues, rap, top 40, rock, but not that loud screaming crap my husband likes. Oh, and no country or bluegrass. Yuck. What kind of books do you like to read? I used to read constantly, but I lack the time to do so now. When I have a chance, I like mysteries. Well, I do read a lot of children's books, but I don't think that counts! Do you have a favorite magazine? Oooh, toss up. Chow or Saveur. What is your favorite weekend activity? Farmer's Market and yard sales. Time to myself, and bargain hunting! What kind of work do you do? Still figuring that out. Computer stuff. What do you do for fun? Web surf and bake. Oooh, a total copy of LL. First name? Jill Were you named after anyone? No. Despite the fact that my dad goes by Jack, it wasn't truly planned that way. Do you wish on stars? Nope. When did you last cry? From emotion? Can't remember at all. It's been a long, long time. From pain? The other night when my sciatica was literally crippling me. Who's your favorite cartoon/comic strip character? Oh, gotta be Dilbert. What is your favorite lunch meat? Eww, none of them. What is your birth date? April 23, 1969. What is your most embarrassing CD? Oh, there are so many. Another total steal from LL. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Yes, eventually. I'm . . . ahem . . . reserved. It takes a while to become my friend. So don't you all feel just so honored? Do you have a journal? I have three blogs. Many of you have seen all three. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes. What are your nicknames? JT, Jillus. Would you bungee jump? Hell, no. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Hah, as if I can wear shoes that have to be tied at this point! But come to think of it, no, not most of the time. Do you think that you are strong? Yes. Shoe Size? 10 or 11, depending on the shoe type. Jaysus, did you know that LL has little tiny feet???? Red or pink? Pink. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Too reserved, probably. People sometimes get the impression that I'm stuck-up, when I'm not in the least. Who do you miss most? Pat. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back? (Breakin the rules by blogging it.) Ditto, LL. What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now? Jean shorts and slip on white tennies. What are you listening to right now? It's quiet in here. I can vaguely hear Lauren's video running, but it's mostly just peaceful right now. Last thing you ate? Whole wheat pasta with marinara, baked squash and zucchini with cheese, and watermelon for dessert. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Hell if I know. Magenta. What is the weather like right now? Miserable, and I run about 10 degrees hotter than everyone else. I just had to pick the hottest fricking summer on record to be hugely pregnant. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well, I stole it from LL's blog, and I adore her, so yes, I think that counts.

8/03/2005 07:45:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink