<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Soooooooooooo tired

Friday, August 12, 2005
How can I be this tired when all I do is sit on my butt all day? Existential question, I guess. Or rhetorical question, whatever works for you. My new job is going well, I think. I like it, anyway, and I think I'm getting enough knowledge to be useful. Or dangerous. For sure it's one of those two. But how's this for a truly frightening moment. One of the women in the office who is working on the same type of reports that I am came in, sat down, and looked at me. She seems to be extremely knowledgable, and very nice. So she looked at me and then said she wanted to ask a question of the expert. I just looked at her for several seconds, and finally came up with: "I know you're not talking to me. I've only been here two weeks." She was only half-joking, but did have a question on her first report. I had completed 8 or so by then. Frighteningly, I was able to help her. That's some scary stuff right there. I like it, though, mostly the people. I'm still not entirely clear on what I'll be doing long-term, but I'm glad to be busy now. All things look positive. My office roomie (that'd be Mr. R. here on the blog. I'm working my way up to calling him Jay, and he makes fun of me for that. Has a mean streak, that one, but funny as all hell.) - he's endlessly patient with all of my questions and pestering, and a font of knowledge. Some things just haven't changed at all in 18 years. Now, at the end of the day, I'm literally exhausted. No energy, zero, zip, nada. I'm pooped. I'd love to go to sleep right now, but the ball and chain is still at work, and the kid (the already born one, that is) wants some watermelon. So enough time at the computer; I'm going to go fix my kid some watermelon. Once Mark gets home, I'm destined to go to bed early. Again. I'll be glad when Sam is born and we're on some sort of schedule, because this exhaustion is killing me.

8/12/2005 07:16:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink