<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

No real news

Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Hope you all had a wonderful turkey day! Ours was weird. On Thursday, we went to Mark's mom's and had jambalaya. How traditional! But it was fine. My family usually celebrates Thanksgiving on Friday, because so many people have to be two or three places on Thursday. But this time, my aunt and uncle and their daughter & family went to St. Louis to have Thanksgiving at their other daughter's house. Then my brother's whole family got a nasty stomach bug. So we pushed our holiday back to Sunday. Unfortunately, Scott's family was still sick. So Thanksgiving was just my folks, Mark's mom, and the four of us. A little strange, but bonus! More leftovers!!!! I made Aunt Molly's Spinach Casserole, which I dearly love. It's just not a holiday without that dish. And I made up a sweet potato dessert that turned out really well. Nothing like making up a recipe from scratch for a major holiday, but it was good. Now if only I could remember how I made it! The kids are doing well, overall. Lauren had nightmares last night, so I was up with her several times between 1 and 2. Mark was up with her twice too. Then Sam was up at 3:30, and it took me a while to settle him back down after he nursed. I was up for good at about 6:15 or so, nursing Sam again and then getting Lauren ready for school. I could use a nap. Doesn't seem likely. Caffeine is my friend. I took Lauren out last night to spend some of her allowance and for supper, just us girls. But her swim class was cancelled due to the weather, so we headed on back home after that. Sam was very fussy when we got back, but I nursed him and he settled down pretty quickly. Nursing is magic like that, most of the time. He's growing like a weed, and much more alert and aware of his surroundings. He even likes it when I sing to him - he just stares at me intently. Kid has no taste in music!

11/29/2005 08:21:00 AM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • We took an MIL vacation to Branson MO, cooking a traditional Thanksgiving meal in the kitchen of a condo. The food came out great, but there wasn't a sharp knife to be had. I wish I had a video of me going 10 rounds with a dull knife and a hot turkey!

    We saw a terrific show--Shoji Tabuchi and his magic fiddle--sort of like Lawrence Welk with an oriental accent.

    It was a heck of a drive for a bruised turkey and a show, but we enjoyed ourselves. UM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/30/2005 08:45:00 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink