<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

So what's new with you?

Monday, November 21, 2005
I have a hard time getting online lately, sorry for the lack of posts. Sam keeps me busy all day long, seems like, and then I crash at night. He's doing pretty well at night, usually getting up once or twice and settling back down pretty easily. Last night he just got up once at 3:30, I nursed and changed him, and we were back asleep by 4:15 or so. He was awfully fussy in the last couple of weeks, so I took him to the doctor last week just to make sure he didn't have anything actually hurting him. He didn't, just colic. There were a few days there that if he was awake, he was screaming. And he was waking up out of a solid sleep to start screaming. That kind of gets to you after a few hours, kwim? But he's doing better now, I think. While we were at the doc's, he was weighed. 9 pounds, 14 ounces. That's about 2 pounds in three weeks! Great weight gain, huh? No wonder my arms are tired!

11/21/2005 09:36:00 AM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Zach was doing the same thing. We finally figured out that it was a combination of reflux and that he really needed to be swaddled tightly. (He would do that uncontrollable arm shaking in the air thing and wake himself up). Only NOW that I've been swaddling him each time I put him down for a nap, and the reflux is under control (with meds) - he's able to get some good solid naps - so he's FINALLY starting to settle down and not scream so much. Ugh - it really is so tough!! Hope you figure out Sam's secret to happiness. LOL!

    By Anonymous Jennifer, at 11/24/2005 09:10:00 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink