<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Boo hoo

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Guess what I have? Go on, guess!

That's right, it's pinkeye. I just talked to my doc, and he has no openings today. From talking to me, he thinks it's viral rather than bacterial, so there's little they can do. He's calling in a scrip for eyedrops, which will just keep bacteria from forming in my eye. I think he just wants me to feel like I'm doing something, kwim?


He said I'll be highly contagious for a couple of days after my eye clears. Grand. I asked him about work, and he said I shouldn't go back until Monday. I have so little leave since being off on maternity leave, that's just fricking great. I was trying to build up a little leave in case one of the kids got sick, but that seems unlikely to happen since I have to be off today and tomorrow. I'm working from home, though, so I can turn in some time. Just not enough/as much as if I were actually at work. Plus, you know, I am buried at the moment, and this is very bad timing. Grrrrr.


Go wash your hands.


2/23/2006 10:42:00 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • It was sad to see all the overworked minions on 18 silently enter the office, touch all of the major surfaces on your side and then sadly rub their eyes as they departed.

    I wish we could help with your time, but that's just for BEEG emergencies. Perhaps your compadres on your major project will arrange a couple of funerals over the weekend and you will be saved!!!

    Take care this weekend. Man, my eyes are itching and burning......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 05:11:00 PM  
  • oh man. that sucks.
    (But your crystals are looking cool.)

    By Blogger Lori-Lyn, at 2/23/2006 05:19:00 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink