<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Very cool and very uncool

Monday, February 27, 2006


This is very cool. "Freeware program John’s Background Switcher regularly changes your desktop wallpaper based on your preferences." You can select from pictures on your computer, or from Flickr. That's handy stuff there.

This next part is not cool at all. I went to see my doctor this morning, and he took one look at my eye and referred me to an opthalmologist. He said he was worried that it could be something more serious and/or an allergic reaction to the eyedrops he prescribed last week. Fortunately, he was able to get me in to an eye doc just down the road, virtually immediately.

Here's the good news. It is just pinkeye. And now for our lesson for the day: there are two basic types of pinkeye - bacterial and viral. The bacterial type is easily treated and clears up within a day or two after treatment begins. The viral type generally clears up within 3 - 5 days without treatment, but with much pain and suffering.

Guess which kind I have?

You betcha. Viral. Now here's the thing. Since it hasn't cleared up by 5 days, the eye doc said it was very probably a resistant version, and the same virus is causing my cold symptoms. Loverly. He did give me a free sample of eyedrops that should help ease the swelling and pain, but will do absolutely nothing to cure it. Nothing will cure it, except time. Here's the kicker - he said he's seen the resistant versions last up. to. three. weeks.

Need I remind you that I have very little leave time, since I was just recently on maternity leave?

Sigh.

I've got a call in to my boss to see what he wants me to do. Clearly, I can't go in to the office because I'm contagious as all hell. But the state generally frowns on telecommuting as a habit, so I don't know if that option will play. We'll see what he says when he gets free and calls me back.

Double sigh.
2/27/2006 02:41:00 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh...argh......argh...argh...argh...argh..............argh....argh....argh....................argh.....argh...........................freaking ARGH.....

    Very sorry. I hope the itching is not driving you nuts. When I had PE as a child, I kept rubbing my eyes because they itched so much. It was summer and so hot and the windows wide open and she kept yelling at me, "If you do that you'll go blind!"

    God knows what the neighbors thought!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 03:38:00 PM  
  • Actually, it's not itching much at all anymore. Or maybe I just can't tell because it hurts so freaking much. Hard to say, really.

    But thank you for making me laugh, as usual! Oh, and I know what the neighbors thought. ;-)

    By Blogger Jill, at 2/27/2006 05:12:00 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink