<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

So how's your weekend going?

Sunday, March 12, 2006
Here, things are quiet for the moment. The kids are asleep right now, and of course I woke up a short while ago. Sam was waking up, but I nursed him a bit and he went back to sleep. It feels like I have the house to myself, since they're still asleep. Mark's been out of town this weekend, so I've been a single parent. He feels guilty about going out and having fun, but I don't know why. He wants me to have the chance to do the same, I know, so that's probably it. His life has been pretty stressful lately for a variety of reasons. So I'm just hoping he has had fun and had a chance to relax. But let's face it, I have really one friend that I could go visit. Love her dearly, and love to spend time with her (Hi, CA!), but it's difficult right now. Since I'm nursing, I really can't go away from Sam for the next, oh, 7 months or so at least. But this is my choice, you know? I can't even imagine voluntarily going away from the kids. At work, there was a conference that most of my team went to in Louisville, staying up there. I couldn't go, both because of Sam and because Mark was going out of town. Fortunately, my boss is extremely understanding - it wasn't mandatory or anything, but let's say we were encouraged to attend. He completely understood that I couldn't go away from Sam. Nursing definitely pays off, because if Sam follows Lauren's trends, he won't be sick as often or as severely. I mean, look at his pinkeye. He had it for 2 days, I had it for nearly 2 weeks. The doc said that was because of nursing. So go me! Of course, I could use a break every now and then, so I go out and shop for a few hours or something, or even just drive around. Mark is such a terrific dad, he takes wonderful care of the kids. Sam has definitely been missing him, looking all over for him. And Lauren has been asking if he'll be home soon since yesterday morning. They'll be so happy to see him, as will I. When he gets home this afternoon, I'll definitely take off for a couple of hours, just to have some time to myself, kwim? I don't know how single parents do it.
3/12/2006 07:06:00 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • The conference wasn't hard duty. It seems like all of the presentations must have gone off OK. Most everybody did some sort of support chore (Rhonda and I took an information booth Satruday morning and did next to nothing.

    Lot of folks spent lots of time in the evening at 4th Street Live. Those of us who are non-smoking, marginal breathers stayed away from the bars!

    Saturday we drove home in the monsoon. Everything seems better now. R and I will go to my witch doctor tomorrow morning and this, hopefully, will get back to work tomorrow fternoon. Have great evening! I may not watch any more B'ball till next week. Go Orange

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/12/2006 01:44:00 PM  
  • Hi back, babe! Anytime you need a short break, just yell and I'll head down there for a few hours. You've got to be exhausted - I don't know how single parents do it either... I do hope that Mark was able to relax and have a really good time though, he could definitely use some all out fun! See you soon!

    By Anonymous CA, at 3/13/2006 08:43:00 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink