<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Jill's Place
7 days worth of rants & raves

Life has its ups and downs

Tuesday, April 18, 2006
So the bad first. Rough day at work. I've been working on a big project for the last several months, we're at total crunch time, and the wheels have just about come off entirely. "Just about"?, she says. No. Totally, fricking, entirely. Wheels off. Hubcaps strewn about. Messy. There was nothing I could do to prevent it, and I'm not being blamed in any way. But I can barely tolerate being involved with and responsible for a failing project. That really bugs me. Usually, if I work hard enough, I can pull things off. But no matter how hard I work, I just can't fix this. I can only make the best of a bad situation. Don't like that.

For the good. Sam had his 6 month well child check yesterday, and got his immunizations. He did great with the shots, just cried a little with the prevnar. I don't blame him - that one stings! He was 18 pounds 6 ounces, and 26 1/4 inches long. He's a brute, that one. No wonder my arms are so tired! And he's just so very sweet and a cuddly little guy. Mark had something to do in Lexington last night, so it was just me with the kids, and poor Sam was so fussy. In addition to the shots and that soreness, his first tooth broke through his gum yesterday. Poor little fella. But he's tough - he was his normal happy self today.

Mark is out with his friends tonight, and I'm just chilling out at home, trying to forget about work stress and relax. The kids are in bed, and I'm having a nice glass of gewurz, watching food network.

And blogging. But now I'm done with that too, and I'm going back to vegging. And get this - tomorrow is our anniversary. It's really hard to believe we've been married for 9 years now. Time flies and all that. I am a very lucky woman, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Except maybe this work project. That I might change, just a little. Home life? It's golden.
4/18/2006 09:50:00 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Wheels come off? Hell, I've seen pre-owned IED's in better shape! It's amazing how many teachers, administrators, techies and vendors it takes to create a cluster this size. I have a vision of a slightly wild-eyed Jill standing in the middle of a gigantic bomb crater with the remains of a phone in her hand, and she's still telling them how to get those students signed upo so they can take that test.....Good job, Roomie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2006 07:45:00 AM  
  • I know how you feel, but I certainly can't imagine a project being in more capable hands!
    Happy Anniversary!!

    By Blogger Lori-Lyn, at 4/19/2006 09:37:00 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jill :: permalink